A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that are predominantly outside his or her business or profession.
Right to Cancel
You have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days, without any explanation. The cancellation period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the courier, has taken possession of the goods. To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must notify us (include: Name/company, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and, if available, the fax number) of your decision to revoke this contract by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax, or e-mail). You can use the sample revocation form for this purpose, but it is not mandatory. In order to comply with the cancellation period, it is sufficient that you notify us of your cancellation within this time window.
Consequences of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we must refund all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), without delay and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which we received notification of your cancellation of this contract. For this refund, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged for this refund. We may refuse to refund you until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever comes first. You must return or hand over the goods to us immediately and in any case no later than fourteen days from the day on which you notify us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods within the 14 days.
You bear the cost of returning the goods.
You only have to pay for any loss of value of the goods if this loss of value is attributable to a handling of the goods which is not necessary for the examination of the condition, properties, and functioning of the goods.
Sample Cancellation Form
(If you want to cancel the contract, please fill out and return this form).
– To [insert: Name/company, address, e-mail address and, if available, the fax number]:
– I/we (*) hereby ask you to terminate the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*)/provision of the following service (*)
– Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
– Name of the consumer(s)
– Address of the consumer(s)
– Signature of the consumer(s) (only in case of notification on paper)
(*) Delete where applicable.
Exclusion or premature expiration of the right to withdrawal
- The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts for the supply of goods that are not ready-made and for the production of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer;
- for the delivery of goods that can spoil quickly or whose expiration date would be quickly exceeded;
- for contracts for the delivery of sealed goods that are not suitable to be returned for reasons of health protection or hygiene, if their seal has been removed after delivery;
- for the delivery of goods if these have been inseparably mixed with other goods after delivery;